Vetiver Essential Oil Uses
Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. PLEASE understand essential oils are highly concentrated and many people have done serious damage to themselves by ingesting essential oils. I am not promoting or advocating for the ingestion of essential oils! Do so at your own risk as well as do your own research, and consult a physician when necessary.
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions
- Immune-supporting properties*
After a day of standing, apply to feet as part of a soothing massage.
After a difficult school day, apply to your child’s neck and feet to promote feelings of calm.
It is rich in sesquiterpenes, which gives it a grounding effect.
Calming, grounding effect on emotions.
Before traveling for business or relaxation, take one to two drops of Vetiver with Lemon in a capsule for immune-supporting properties.*
After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing, aromatic massage.
Use as an earthy base note in your favorite DIY diffuser blends.
Used in many popular perfumes.
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time to promote immune-supporting properties*.
- Use as a massage oil to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender to calm emotions and lessen stress.
- Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount out of container if Vetiver is too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.